Golden Lion Instant Yeast
- Ingredient for various yeast raised products
- 10g packages for practical usage
- Cost saving effect
- Increases dough stability
- Gives better volume
Natural Yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae) food grade emulsifier
The shelf life is 18 months if stored in a cool and dry place
Dissolve Golden Lion Instant Yeast in warm water at 35°C stir and allow to stand for 10 minutes
Icon Trading is the manufacturer and distributor of popular baking aids under our Icon Golden Lion brand. The household names are commonly used for baking, cleaning and a variety of other everyday uses. Discover the vast uses and incredible benefits ranging from alleviating muscular pains, fertilizer, removing stains and used as a flavouring agent. These products are a cost-effective solution to many house-hold requirements.
Bicarbonate of Soda
Bicarbonate of soda has a variety of everyday uses. It’s used as a raising agent (often with baking powder), it neutralises odours, is an effective cleaning agent and safely relieves heartburn and constipation. Mix with water to brush and whiten teeth.
Epsom salts is a trusted home remedy used for hundreds of years. The uses include soothing muscular aches, relaxing the nervous system, exfoliating and detoxing the body, treating minor skin irritations and colds. Simply add Epsom salts to a hot bath.
Cream of Tartar
Cream of tartar has many uses in the kitchen and home. It keeps egg whites white and stabilizes the colour of whipped cream. You can add some to boiling water to give vegetables vibrant colour. Cream of tartar is used in making fudge and meringues.
Tartaric Acid is often used as a flavouring agent and food additive. When added to food it will give it a sour taste. It is a key ingredient in making sherbet, sour candies and cordials. It can also be used to remove stains
from clothing and kettle scale.
Distiller & Brewers yeast
Icon Brewers yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is used by the artisanal distiller, craft brewer and grain whiskey manufacturer
It produces a highly palatable flavour profile, uniquely crafted by the brewer
Compressed freshly frozen wet yeast
- Maximum yeast activity on day of use – does not lose activity in storage
- Makes ordering and stock control easier – Use only what you need
- No cutting of blocks, wastage and spillage
- Constant supply of stock on hand
- Superior baked product
Bakery R&D Centre
- Bakery workshop and training for international & local customers
- Collaboration with national and international universities, research institutes, scientific and technological research councils to lead diverse projects
- Biotechnology Centre with a broad range of laboratory facilities
Our Business Partners
Tel: +27 43 740 1112
Unit 1, 12 Megamor Park